On The Shoulders Of Ancestors
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Every time you die, you are getting one step closer to your destiny. Aim upwards to reach the exit and progress to next level. And if you can't get any higher, just leave it to your successors - your dead carcass will serve as a stepping stone to get to the upper platforms.
As a young scientist, it's your job to train Lemonites - a genetically engineered race of creatures with a unique life cycle. But who knows what adventures await them aboard the interstellar probe....
Scientific nut-kick to the nature!
- 23 levels in 3 chapters
- unique life cycle mechanics
- retro-styled pixel graphics
- compelling storyline
- you succeed, you get a cake – no lies!
- IndieGameMag: Carcass Steps: ‘On The Shoulders Of Ancestors’ Released On PC
- Slushy_TV: Free Game Friday – On The Shoulders Of Ancestors Giveaway (video)
- SaltyGames: Mr Meatball reviews On the Shoulders of Ancestors (video)
- GGC Impressions: On The Shoulders Of Ancestors (video)
- IndieGameReviewer: On The Shoulders Of Ancestors – Cure, Morbid Or Both?
The game is based on my 2009 prototype. I have decided to rework it in a substantial way: instead of overcoming horizontal obstacles and progressing sideways, I’ve changed the game to be a vertical climber, which suits the theme of corpse-climbing much better. The game was built using my all-time-favourite Flixel engine.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.